Friday, April 13, 2007

About me

Well, what can I say? I've been a quilter for over 20 yrs.. I'm a mom to 3 sometimes wonderful kids.. note the sometimes... right now they aren't so wonderful... they think I'm the bank of mom at the moment and I keep telling them the bank of mom has closed and is on the verge of foreclosing on them! they don't seem to get it! what kid does? They are 32, 29, and 28, and I've 6 beautiful grandchildren.  A granddaughter -Mercedes who's 10, a granddaughter -Amyrah who's 7, a grandson -Hunter who's an angel in heaven watching ovef us whk would have been 5 in August, a granddaughter -Alayja who's t, a grandson -Chase who is 4 and a granddaughter - Mari'ana who's 3 months. I've been adjusting to single life since the beginning of January of 2008.  It's been a difficult transformation.

My gran taught me to quilt a long long time ago (I must of been about 6 or 7 maybe younger), when I was at the point of.... why in the world would any one 'want' to make their own blankets or quilts when you can go and buy them? She also taught me to make my own clothing... of which I was eternally greatful for! Go figure! That one made sense to me! At least I didn't have to wear clothing that looked like every other teenage girl in school... I could be individual! that I thought was great! I am ever so greatful that she taught me to do these things. If she would have left it to my mom to teach me I never would have learned! Mamma never did much sewing past the occasional patching of holes we made or darning of socks.

Well, guess by now you've gotten bored, and I'm ready to start back to piecing some blocks, so until next time!

No comments: