Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Promise for Today from the Bible

Today's Promise from the Bible
2 Timothy 4:18
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Reflection
Worry. Anxiety. Fear. Timidity. This is the way of the past. As believers, we have created a new heavenly life and spirit both bold and courageous. We don't need to fear any more we are conquerors because we believe in the Lord! If God is for us then and in us and as believers we know he is, there is nothing that can be against us. So don't fear anything any longer, you are redeemed in the Lord our God, rejoice in the mighty arm of the Lord! There is nothing that we should fear as long as God is on our side, nothing can stand against us.

This was part of my devotional today, I read it and reread it. It finally clicked, I've been under an extreme amount of stress in the past few months, and I've just let it pile up and continue to pile up until I felt I was burying me so far under that I couldn't see my way out. I finally can see a way to get out of the mess, I just need to continue to dig my way out and believe that God is going to lead me out of this mess and continue to guide me on my way. I just have to let go and let God have control of my life rather than a mortal here on earth who wants to control my every move and every word. I don't feel that God wants that for me, I think that is more of the devil here on earth trying to take over my life.... just my aspect on this today... let me know what you think...

I know this is a little differnt than what I've written in the past but it's something that's been tugging at my heart today, since I can't sew or do any crafting due to a broken hand, I've been doing more reading of whatever I can lay my hands on.. sorry if this isn't what you were expecting!

No comments: